If you are a potato fanatic you will want to try this new twist on fries! Yucca is also a root just like potato is. This root vegetation is where our tapioca pudding derives from. Yucca root can be used to treat inflammation (but I am not a doctor, just a nutritionist) so consult your doctor before you try anything new to treat a medical condition. Well basically just consult your doctor for anything. 😉
Today I had Yucca also known as Cassava root I found in my tiny grocery store this past week.
I was so excited I bought three. Well because I did not use them RIGHT away two went bad but I managed to still make a delicious batch of yucca fries. When you have yucca root you can tell they are bad by these tiny black lines that are running through the root. It is important to discard all of the root as they produce Cyanide. It is important to only use the white Yucca!
Flip the yucca fries after 15 minutes in the over at 450F
Yucca Fire Fries
- 1-2 Yucca Roots
- 1 TBSP olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Peel the root using a vegetable peeler. Removing the waxy brown outer layer.
- Cut the white yucca into fry shapes. You can use an apple slicer to cut them into fry shapes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and boil the yucca for 10 minutes.
- Wash the boiled yucca off in cold water. The yucca that will be crispiest will be almost see through.
- Toss the yucca fries in a bowl with the olive oil/coconut oil and seasonings.
- Line them on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip the yucca fries and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Serve warm. 😀